Sunday, September 25, 2005

A lesson learned... and then forgotten

Yesterday was a good day for me -- pokerwise. I grinded away at Absolute poker, winning somewhere around $60. The lesson I learned was to be tight, aggressive, and patient. Catch a bad beat? So what! Be patient and the cards will come.

Today, I forgot that lesson and I managed to win virtually nothing at Absolute. I had one heart-breaking session in which I lost virtually every big hand and so I lost. Luckily, I cleared another $10 of bonus money and so the loss was not catastrophic. Well, that and a big pot that I won very late in the session. I was dealth 56s and caught a flush on the river while my opponent simultaneously caught a straight. I bet, got one caller, got raised, and then called. It was a 13 big bet pot and that made a world of difference.

I have also won 4 heads up SNGs in a row at Poker Stars. In general, things look good, although my poker career is about to stall... the baby is near and she is way more important to me than how many big bets per 100 hands that I am winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home