Sunday, October 16, 2005

What's this? A winning streak?

My difficulties with poker have been a pervasive topic in this blog for some time. I have played a lot of heads-up poker tournaments over the last few days, but little else. The result has effectively been "the break" from poker that I needed, without actually taking a break from poker.

So, after thinking about my game a lot, I came to realize that I have just been too aggressive. I am simply trying to buy too many pots. Ergo, I have decided to re-dedicate myself to patience, simply sitting back, waiting for the right time to strike. In limit play, I am entering pots with premium hands or I am entering hands that have the correct pot odds to justify my play.

Shocking news! It works! For example, I was dealt 44 in the big blind. A guy raised from early position, there were two callers, and so I did too. I flopped a set and won a big pot. The next hand, I was dealt 66 in the small blind... several limpers... I flop a set and I won a big pot.

I have had almost totally winning sessions all weekend once I stopped trying to buy every pot. I have won a little at Party Poker, a little at Poker Stars, and a little at Absolute. I have even won a little at Paradise Poker, but that situation is simply a debacle (I'm not going to say why!).

Anyway, I hope that I can keep this up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home