Monday, October 24, 2005

More struggles

My poker game continues to struggle. In spite of family visiting our newborn, I managed to play quite a bit of poker. I did great at Absolute and UltimateBet, but bad at Full Tilt and Poker Stars. Poker Stars was the worst, where I managed to tilt off 60% of my bankroll play short-handed $1/$2 limit.

I really think my problem is discipline, or lack thereof. Out of every ten sessions, I probably play 7 of them "really well". Meaning, I will have big wins in two of the them, moderate wins in three, and slight losses in two. This is typical of poker and where I should be. Unfortunately, I will play bad in two of the other sessions, giving me a fairly large loss... and then I will play HORRIBLE in the tenth session, resulting in an overall loss for the ten sessions. I need to avoid bad sessions and I really need to avoid HORRIBLE sessions.

My goal for now is to re-build my stacks at Full Tilt and Poker Stars by playing heads-up tournaments and even sit-and-goes (Stars only). I also plan to grind back at Party Poker. I hope they give me a good bonus next month. I need to start earning some cash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home