Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Sometimes I suck, Sometimes I am good

I have played some really bad poker lately. About a week ago, I had my stack at Poker Stars over $200, playing solid poker at $0.50/$1.00 levels. In an attempt to clear the old bonus (and $120), I started playing bad poker at $1/$2 level. Yesterday, I followed that up by playing some bad tournament poker. The net result? My stack at Poker Stars was approximately $35 last night when I sat down to play.

Luckily, I can also play some damn good poker when I am properly motivated. I played three tables last night. I played a $2/$4 limit table at Party (way above my bankroll), a $1/$2 limit table at Absolute, and a $0.05/$0.20 NL table at Stars. I played almost perfect poker for the entire night, such that my net loss for the day was less than $1. I won maybe $8 at Party. I won $23 at Stars and another $20 at Absolute.

I made one mistake on the night, where I flopped the under-full house from the small blind. I checked it, hoping to get to check-raise. Unfortunately, it got checked around. I bet out on the turn and got three callers when a queen came. The bad-beat came on the river when another king came, making the board K 8 K Q K (I had 88). My opponent flipped over Q6o for a better full house. Grrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home