Wednesday, November 09, 2005

An early morning donkey fest

I arrived at work really early this morning and I decided to play two tables of $25 NL at Party while catching up on e-mail. At the one table, nothing really interesting happened. I think that I lost $0.10 for the session. At the other table, there was a total donkey who had a VP$IP of 85% who raised preflop more than 20% of the time. Post-flop, he was a total call station! Reviewing the highlights:

My first hand against him worked out poorly. He limped from UTG with K9o and I raised 4x the big blind from the button with AA. The flop was reasonable so I bet out and he called (it was something like T 8 7). The turn paired the board (I think a 7). I figured that the best hand he had was two pair (not the seven), so I pushed all-in; he called. He flipped over his K9o; unfortunately, the river brought a six and I lost my stack. I immediately bought back in, focused and ready to take his money (i.e., I wasn't on tilt).

My second hand with him involved him limping from UTG with J7o. There were several limpers and I raised 6x the big blind from the button with JQs. He was the only caller. The flop came jack-high; he came out firing. I pushed back all-in and he called. Luckily, a seven did not come and I doubled up.

My third hand with him involved me limping from UTG with AA. I was hoping he'd raise, but he limped from the button. The flop came out all low cards (like 235, rainbow). I made a pot sized bet and he was the only caller. The turn was paired the board; I bet and he called. The river was a 4, giving me a wheel. I figured that he had ace-high, so I made a smallish bet that he called. He flipped over K8o: king-high!

My last hand with him involved him limping from the cutoff with 94o. I was the big blind with 35o. The flop was A 2 4, with a flush draw. I bet and he called. The turn was a blank; I bet and he called. The river was a blank; I bet and he called.

So, I lost $12.5 on the first hand when he sucked out on the river. After that, I made almost $25 from him when he was a call station with complete crap. My net win for the session was $10 in 88 hands, which is more than 20 big bets per 100 hands. My stack at Party Poker is now over $550.

I am starting to think about when I should move up to $50 NL. My current plan is to hit $600 and cash out $100 as a reward for good play. After that, I want to re-build another $50 and use that as seed money for my move to $50 NL. If I lose it, then I'll drop back to $25 NL. I am winning in excess of 10 big bets per 100 hands at $25 NL (after about 2000 hands, not a lot but I've beaten $50 NL before) so I think that my game is in good shape.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home