Monday, October 31, 2005

I'm stuck in fish hell

I have been playing $25 NL at Party during my lunch hour. I started out carefully watching out for my opponents' play; I quickly figure out who is a donkey versus who is a super donkey. I quickly lose my first buy-in by playing AK very poorly. I move to a different table that is FULL of super donkeys. I play tight and aggressive. I identify one donk who is playing crap and raising with it. I wait until I have AK. He raises; I re-raise; he calls. The flop is perfect: K 8 2 rainbow. I bet; he raises; I re-raise all-in. He turns over 22. Shit. The next hand that I am dealt, I get AA. It is folded to me; I raise and get one caller. The flop gives me a set. I check. The turn fills me up. I check. The river is a blank. I make a minimum bet; my opponent folds. Sometimes... poker can be VERY frustrating.

Weekend update: I played pretty mediocre all day Sunday. I managed to lose some at Stars, Full Tilt, and Party, but not much. I won a little at Paradise and cleared some bonus. I am temporarily in the black again at Paradise, but I am trying to build enough bankroll to keep playing there so that I can clear their nice bonus. I would like to have about $25 to start (plenty for their $0.05/$0.10 no limit game).

1 Comments:

Blogger Kirbyent said...

Nice blog, check out cyberlinx.us we have over 25,000 articles that you can use on your blog or web site
psychology
marketing
sports
writing
Don't forget to check out this great site to Increase your energy thanks

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home