Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Many diapers; Little Poker

I did not play very much yesterday because of baby-duty. Speaking of baby dooty, diaper changes have been entertaining to say the least.

What little I did play was not particularly satisifying. I played about 20 hands at Party yesterday ($25 NL) and I won $7. Last night, I played a table at Full Tilt ($25 NL; full fing) and one at Paradise ($25 NL; 5-handed). In my first hand at Full Tilt, I was dealt 93o; there were several limpers and I checked. The flop was J 9 3 (rainbow) and I got all of my money in against a limper who held J3s. Doh! First hand and I lose my entire buy-in (I bought in for only $10) by breaking to rules of no limit: (1) Don't go broke in an unraised pot, and (2) Don't go broke with bottom two-pair. The hand was not a complete was of money, however, as I quickly identified at least one donkey at the table (i.e., the guy who limped with J3s). I identified another donkey in the next hand who made a similar play. After that, I managed to almost piss away another buy-in ($10) by trying to bluff call-stations (a bad idea). I added another $5 to my stack once I was down to $3 or so, deciding that I would at most lose $25 in this session. I also opened my eyes and gave up on bluffing. This strategy worked and I had rebuilt my stack to around $20 by the end of my session (i.e., a net loss of around $5).

My table at Paradise was also bad, filled with a couple of call stations who were killing the table by calling off big bluffs with middle pair and the like. I never once bluffed these donkeys and I made a nice win of about $5 in a short session.

This morning I played a little more at Paradise, winning $5 in like 20 hands. I am really playing well right now, but I simply do not have the time to grind like I want. I am setting short term goals, such as building about $20 of bankroll at Paradise so that I can cash out $100 and building my stack at Party to $600 so that I can cash out $100. After that, I think that I should start playing more at UltimateBet and at Absolute where I have some nice bonus money waiting for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home