Monday, November 14, 2005

Titan Poker and Bad Luck/Play at Party

Perhaps stupidily, I deposited $200 into Titan Poker yesterday so that I can get 300 Nevada Jacks poker chips. This is virtually nothing but silliness, but what the hell? It's all fun. To clear the PSO promotion, I need to clear 3500 Titan Stars, which is the equivalent of 1750 raked hands of $0.25/$0.50 (blinds) no limit. Considering that these stakes are bigger than what I have been playing lately, this could be a collossal mistake. That said, I am playing well and I think that I can do it. So far, I have up $35 or so in 245 hands (no idea how many were raked). At least it has started well.

Speaking of well, as in "not well", I managed to piss away a bunch of money today at Party. Actually, I recovered a lot of my losses. For the day, I am stuck about $15 there, although I was down about $40 at one point.

I started off really well, but then went all in with QQ against a donkey who called me with a pair plus an inside straight draw. He hit the straight. The worst part was his response, which was "I had it on the turn", indicating his supreme donkiness in that he couldn't even read his hand correctly. That cost me $20 and put me on quasi-tilt.

After that, I tried to bully call stations, which is always a bad idea. Eventually, I came back to my senses and played better and I won most of it back. I can't recall a single hand of the comeback, which says something about selective memory.

I probably won't play much more today. Kelly is painting a bedroom and I am on baby duty, which actually involves a lot of baby dootie. Nothing like a good poop joke, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home