Monday, November 21, 2005

Babysitting, little poker

I spent most of the weekend babysitting while Kelly painted the spare bedroom. I did find time to play a bit on Sunday afternoon while entertaining the baby and a little bit more Sunday night. The afternoon session was $0.50/$1.00 7Stud at Poker Stars. I played mostly tight and I won about $20, although I did get very very lucky. My last hand I was dealt (QT) T and I raised. I got re-raised by a poor player showing a Jack. Fourth street brought me a Q, so I bet, got raised (he was showing J A), and called. This continued until the river where I caught another queen, giving me queens full. He flipped over (AA) J A X X (X). So, I caught one of four outs and my opponents missed all of his. That pot was about $20, so like I said... I got lucky.

My session at Titan Poker was generally boring. I have a really short bankroll there, so I am playing very tight and not all that aggressive. I had one bad hand that cost me a buy-in. I was dealt QQ in the big blind. One guy made a minimum raise, but it was otherwise folded to me. I raised it 4X his bet and he called. The flop was J 7 7 and I figured that I was in the lead but vulnerable, so I pushed all-in. He called and flipped over JJ. Crap!

I have played a bit so far today. I won a bunch early but then I gave it all back. I am nearing 3000 Titan Stars, hopefully I can clear this promotion before Thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home