Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The end of Bodog... and Absolute?

After reading through the PSO forum, I learned that the best way to clear the Bodog bonus was to play 7stud. Basically, you only accumulate Bodog points if you contribute to the pot; with 7stud, you contribute EVERY hand. Unfortunately, a 7stud game was not available until this morning.

So, in spite of my short bankroll, I bought into a $2/$4 7stud game. My plan was to play ridiculously tight, simply trying to clear my PSO promotion. This worked like a charm! I won almost $70 in about 70 hands while clearing about 1/3 of the point requirements. Sadly, though, the table broke up and I was stuck playing hold'em again. I played a bunch of shorthanded $1/$2 limit and accumulated a bunch more points. Finally, I played some $0.50/$1.00 blinds no limit (buying in for the minimum) to complete the promotion. I played ridiculously tight, contributing to one pot other than the blinds. I won that hand, though, when I went all-in with KK against an opponent who called with the nut-flush draw. Neither the flush nor the ace came and I doubled up.

After completing the promotion, I cashed out my money. I don't really like Bodog; it's unattractive and it has a bad "vibe" to it (from my perspective). It plays fast, though, so I recommend it to people who don't care about aesthetics as much as fast play. The quality of play at the site was amazingly aggressive, which works out great if you can play tight and pick your spot to be aggressive. The swings can be deadly, though.

The other news is that I read on 2+2 that Absolute poker changed their bonus clearing policy. It used to be 25 cents of rake per hand qualified; now it's 50 cents. Since I was playing $0.50/$1.00 limits mostly, this essentially triples (at least) the difficulty of clearing the bonus. So, I cashed out my money today after clearing another $10 of bonus. I don't like Absolute that much (slow play, tight players, difficult to get a table) and I already play too many sites. This is an easy cut to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home