Friday, December 02, 2005

Finishing Off the Pokerroom PSO promotion

I started off yesterday at the Pokerroom quickly winning $50, most of which was when I flopped four 7's when my opponent flopped a full house (sixes full of sevens). After that, though, I slowly leaked most of it away until I had to quit to do some work. I then lost the rest of it in a short 7stud session in which I would start with a premium hand (say concealed kings) but not improve and lose to a donkey call station who caught a six on the river for two pair (sixes and twos). That's 7stud, though.

My last session of the day, however, was a very good one. I was slowly grinding my way backs towards even for the site. Then, in a 2 minute period, I was dealt QQ twice and AA once and I won all three hands. The first QQ hand was a big pot because the board was 9-high and my opponent held TT. The second QQ hand was a smallish pot; I probably shouldn't have played it so aggressively (I flopped a set), but I feel like I should almost always bet the flop when I raised before the flop (especially when it is check to me on the button). I have almost no recollection of the AA hand except that I won. In short, I went from almost back to even at the Pokerroom to $30 or so ahead.

After that, I continued to play very tight. I even won a few more pots. I finished the session with 403 points (I needed 400 to clear the PSO promotion) and a bankroll of $546. I cashed out $500 of this right away. I have to clear another 1600 points to get a $200 bonus; I have decided yet whether or not I will try for this. I probably will. I totally regret my initial $500 deposit; I should have deposited $100 initially to get a $40 bonus that I would have cleared at 400 points. Instead, I have no bonus unless I clear another 1600 points.

In other news, I won $5 yesterday at Party Poker playing $0.50/$1.00 limit. I think that my limit game is back to being in fine shape, so I hope that I can start grinding again at Party. I also received my Nevada Jacks poker chips yesterday. They are very nice although there are only 300 of them. I plan to accumulate a bunch of PSO points (I have 18250 so far) to buy 400 more for a set of 700. That will be way cool. This also means that I am no longer interested in the Poker Stars chip set; in turn, I have 4000 FPPs to cash in at Poker Stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home