Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Crazy!

Today was a crazy day of poker to say the least! My bankroll at Party was dipping towards $400, primarily because I had lost all patience and I was pushing crap hands against call stations with crap (but slightly better) hands. For whatever reason, I continued to play $50 NL, which worked OK for awhile, but then I dumped $50 to a complete donkey (who clearly recognized me for an even bigger donkey!).

I also played horribly at the PokerRoom. My stack there was down to about $20 when I bought into a no limit room with my entire stack. I stupidly pushed all-in with middle pair, got called by top pair, and sucked out on the river. I then won another hand with AA, and suddenly I had more than $60 in my stack there. Amazing!

Tonight's poker session was even crazier, at least at Party. I intelligently dropped down to $25 NL. I grinded my way from a buy-in of $12.50 up to about $35 when my table went nuts! There were two guys who had pre-flop raise percentages over 40%! I tripled my stack when we went all-in preflop with AK (me), JJ (donkey#1), and A4 (donkey#2). I won the hand when a king came on the river. I was honestly surprised that donkey#1 had such a good hand. A few hands later, I limped from UTG with AK. The flop was K J 4 (rainbow) and I checked it to donkey#1 who bet $15 into a $1 pot (not joking); I re-raised all-in and he called with J7. Unfortunately, he caught a jack on the river and I lost a $50 pot. If not for that jack, then I would have won almost $100 playing $25 NL in less than 75 hands. As it was, I had a great session, winning more than $40.

While all of this going on at Party, I was playing $1/$2 limit at both Full Tilt and the PokerRoom. I won $9 or so at the PokerRoom; I am primarily chasing a $200 bonus there. With my semi-new bankroll, I hope that I can clear it reasonably soon. I had a great session at Full Tilt, winning more than $30. My stack there is now almost $180, easily the biggest since I cashed out a huge chunk early on there.

It is strange, but I really feel like I can beat the $1/$2 tables easier at Full Tilt and the PokerRoom than the $0.50/$1.00 tables. The play is fishy, but not so fishy that I have to fight going on tilt all of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home