Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Playing Poker Again

After my last post, I cleared my remaining raked hands at Poker Rewards to get the $200 bonus. I was an auto-pilot most of the time, so I managed to lose $60 or so in the process. In the end, my Poker Rewards experience netted me a profit of $160 (i.e., I lost $40 but won a $200 bonus) and 6000 PSO points. My plan with the PSO points is to purchase another 400 Nevada Jacks poker chips plus a case to have one kick-ass chip set. I need to clear one more promotion to get the chips and then I'll need just a few more points after that. I am trying to talk a friend into opening a PSO account; the points that go with this referral is what I need.

Last night, I sat down for 45 minutes and I simply "played poker". That is, I was relaxed; I played correctly; and I enjoyed the experience. I was not anxious about clearing a billion hands or anything like that. Not surprisingly, I won $20 at Full Tilt. I played a $0.25/$0.50 (blinds) no limit (6-max) table and a $0.50/$1.00 limit table. I did get lucky as I won both limit show-downs and none of my no limit bluffs were called.

My current plan for the immediate future is to play more at UltimateBet and Full Tilt than at Party Poker. I have noticed that I have a problem respecting my opponents at Party because they are soooooo awful. I am playing much better at UB and FTP. I hate it when people talk about how difficult it is to win against bad players. This makes no sense. In my case, however, I play down to my opponents, so it makes a little sense for me.

I also might reload into the Poker Room to try and clear a $200 bonus there. I am undecided, however, because I am sick of bonus chasing for the sake of bonus chasing. Also, I think I'd rather attempt one more PSO promotion to get those chips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home