Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Good Luck and Better Luck

After posting a blog this morning, I proceeded to get myself stuck $50 playing $1/$2 6-max. I played some hands poorly, missed some flops on hands that I played aggressively, etc. Eventually, though, I started to catch some cards and I managed to win back $30 of the losses.

At lunchtime, I played some more and this time I caught cards from the beginning. I managed to quickly win about $23, thus ending my day at party Poker +$1.25 or so. Not a big deal, really, but after being stuck $50... it was a great comeback.

Later in the day, I decided that my limit 6-max game is really "on" right now, and I really wanted to take a crack at $2/$4. Unfortunately, Party doesn't offer this game (at least last time I checked), so that meant I had to play the game at Full Tilt where I have a rather short stack. It was a bad idea, but like I said... I am "on" right now. I played a short session and I caught cards and I won $50 in 20 hands (ridiculous, I know).

Tonight, I wanted to continue playing at 6-max limit. I didn't really want to play at Party (I always play there) and I didn't want to play at FTP (I still don't have the bankroll for $2/$4). So, I played at UltimateBet, where I played $1/$2 even though I really only have the bankroll for $0.50/$1.00.

Luckily, this session could not have gone better. I won virtually every hand I played. My opponents called or raised when I had strong hands and they folded when I bluffed with weak hands. I flopped trips twice defending my big blind against an overly aggressive donk in the small blind. Seriously, this was a perfect session. I played well; I caught cards; and my opponents seemed to do exactly what I wanted them to do. I won about $50 in 75 hands.

In short, this was one of my better days of poker in a long long time. I won about $100, which adds nicely to my bankroll. If this keeps up, then I might have to cash out actually winnings (i.e., not merely bonus money).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home