Monday, January 09, 2006

Quick Update and Donkey of the Day

After having a successful weekend of playing poker, I managed to piss away virtually all of my profits last night in a short period that combined bad play, tilt, and bad beats. That's poker. Oh well. I don't plan on playing much today and if I do... I am going to stick to limit.

I have already cleared my minimum play requirements at Party Poker (gets me Party bonus points for free crap that I don't even want). This was a fantastic session where I won $34.66 in only 42 hands of 6-max $1/$2 limit. The following hand is an example of how not to play poker.

The lessons to be learned from this hand are:
1. Don't call a raise with 62s from the small blind.
2. Don't call a bet with middle pair, two kicker when the pot was raised preflop.
3. When you hit the miracle two pair on the turn, RAISE!
4. When the board pairs on the river, killing your two pair, don't bet!

I nominate this guy for donkey of the week.

$1/$2 Texas Hold'em - Monday, January 09, 14:00:48 EDT 2006
Table Table 80103 (6 max) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Total number of players : 6
Seat 1: Roman79 ( $54.25 )
Seat 2: King_Holdem ( $27.70 )
Seat 3: Alf_Svensson ( $19 )
Seat 4: runintables ( $83 )
Seat 6: vh17aland ( $43.90 )
Seat 5: frazwood ( $77.41 )
runintables posts small blind [$0.50].
frazwood posts big blind [$1].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to frazwood [ Qs Ac ]
vh17aland folds.
Roman79 raises [$2].
King_Holdem folds.
Alf_Svensson folds.
runintables calls [$1.50].
frazwood calls [$1].
** Dealing Flop ** [ Qc, 6d, 5d ]
runintables checks.
frazwood bets [$1].
Roman79 folds.
runintables calls [$1].
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
runintables checks.
frazwood bets [$2].
runintables calls [$2].
** Dealing River ** [ 5h ]
runintables bets [$2].
frazwood calls [$2].
runintables shows [ 6s, 2s ] two pairs, sixes and fives.
frazwood shows [ Qs, Ac ] two pairs, queens and fives.
frazwood wins $15.25 from the main pot with two pairs, queens and fives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home