Sunday, January 15, 2006

A dumb idea: $100 NL

I have had two more sessions at $100 NL and both have been successful. I played about 70 hanbds yesterday afternoon and I won $100. I played another 70 hands last night and I won another $55.

My strategy is pretty simple: wait for premium hands in position, play them aggressively preflop and on the flop and get a read on my opponents. At this level, many of them are so aggressive that you don't have to bet your hands to win. They'll do it for you.

I had a hand yesterday that summarizes this nicely. I called a button-raise from the big blind with AJs (2-handed). The flop is ten high and I call a smallish bet. The turn is a jack and I bet and call the minimum raise. The river is an ace, giving my top two pair and I simply cannot put him on KQ. I check and he bets $20 into a $16 pot and I call. He had T8 and was trying to run me over. This hand is one I am familar with, usually because I am the guy with T8 trying to run over the guy with the better hand.

So far, my stats at $100 NL are just sick. In 180 hands, I've won $312 for a win rate of 87 PT BB's per 100 hands. Besides being a ridiculously small sample size, there is no way that can continue. It helps that I have yet to lose a pot where I've risked more than $10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home