Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The King is Dead -- Long Live the King

October is almost over and I have spent the last few days considering my poker game and how I achieved my goals for the month but yet I am disappointed.

My goals were to achieve SilverStar status at Poker Stars and make a profit. I started the month with about $325 in my account. I hit SilverStar status in about two weeks and I had, at one point, run my bankroll up to $750.

I then started playing like a complete donkey and I pissed away a bunch of money being an idiot. I don't know how low my account got, but I never pissed away all of my profit. I did get a little scared and I cashed out $100 (my initial deposit) before I lost all of it. So, I am playing totally on profit now and that's a bit nice.

I have had really uneven play lately -- some great, some awful. Very little in between. Anyhow, I now have $501 in my account and it's time to set some goals for November.

These are:
(1) Play consistently better
(2) Earn at least $150 for the month in profit
(3) Make GoldStar status.

As strange as it sounds, I think #3 will be the easiest and #1 will be the most difficult. I could have made GoldStar this month if I had started playing $1/$2 6-max limit hold'em earlier and if I had stayed focused and played more of it later in the month. I've cleared 3000+ VPPs this month without trying too hard, so another 1000 shouldn't be too difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home