Monday, October 15, 2007

Goal for October: Almost accomplished

I managed to clear my goal this morning of reaching SilverStar VIP status at Poker Stars. At the rate that I am going, GoldStar isn't entirely out of the question, but I am really not going to try. My goal was to achieve SilverStar and I've done it. Good enough for me. I am starting to get burned out (more below) and I really need to play better poker, not more poker. So, my goal for the month has been achieved, as long as I don't lose more than $400 over the next 16 days.

After my last blog, I continued my excellent run, building my bankroll to as high as $750 at one point. It's times like these that I am 100% sure that 6-max limit hold'em is my best game. Unfortunately, I got bored with it, took a few bad beats, and played on tilt. As a result, I lost about $50 over the weekend and my confidence took a major hit.

I did have a great session this morning, though, winning a few more bucks while clearing the last of my 50 FPPs. I just played a so-so session on my lunch break, winning a few more dollars. I am somewhat disappointed in my play because I tried a couple of bluffs against the unbluffable, even though I knew that they were not bluffable (there's nothing like losing a pot to a guy who calls you through the river with king-high). Luckily, I caught a few hands at the end and the unbluffable kept calling my value-bets, so I went from stuck $20 to a small profit. The best of these hands was when I held JJ and the flop came JJX and the donkey called to the river with 22... which became really profitable when the river gave him a full house.

So what is my goal for the rest of October? Honestly, I want to just build my bankroll a bit. I think that I can beat the $2/$4 limit hold'em games (6-max), but I am not quite there yet with the bankroll (right now = $766). I would also like to withdraw $100, so realistically... I'd like to reach $900 by the end of the month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home