Friday, October 05, 2007

Progress towards my goal

Note: My goal is to clear 1500 FPPs this month at Poker Stars while winning money. I started the month with about $325 in my account.

Things started off great: I won a bunch of money playing $100 NL and $50 NL, pushing my stack up near $450. Then variance kicked in and I lost a bunch of big pots to suck-outs and I lost almost all of my winnings. I won't lie: there was a bunch of tilt-factor in that lost money as well.

I then did something very smart: I started playing limit 6-max hold'em again. I won about $30 playing $0.50/$1.00 stakes and then I moved up to $1/$2. I've said it before, this is probably my best game and I have been slowly (and sometimes not slowly) grinding my stack upwards to where it is now (around $425). The best part is that FPPs clear rather quickly in these games -- I am clearing more than 100 FPPs per day even with my somewhat limited play schedule.

I had a great night on Wednesday. I bought into a table that had a guy raising more than 50% of the hands on my right and someone who was playing 90% of the hands (with less than 5% PFR) on my left. I sat around, waited for a solid hand and then cashed in big time. I actually lost my first hand of the night with KK vs. A7 when the LAG-tard caught an ace on the river. After that, though, I flopped a couple of sets and the like and I went from stuck $20 to up more than $60. Sadly, I essentially stayed even after that. The best hand of the night was a pot that was capped four-ways preflop. The flop came A 7 7 and it got capped four ways on the flop and three ways on the turn (blank) and river (another 7). I had AA and my opponents held A9 and KK.

Since then, I've play a bunch of smaller sessions, usually booking a nice, small win (like 5 BBs/100). I haven't had a losing session for awhile, which is usually a danger zone because that's usually when variance catches up to me and then I tilt and then I lose big-time. The good news is that I tend to tilt less playing limit and I tend to lose less when I'm on tilt. So, that's a win-win for me.

The other good news is that I have big plans for fishing for both tomorrow and Sunday. I might not play any poker at all, in fact.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home