Monday, October 01, 2007

Poker Goals for October

This is just going to be a quick post because I need to go home (I'm at work). My goals for this month include:
1. Earn SilverStar VIP status at Poker Stars. This means that I need to earn 1500 FPPs this month. I've done it before and I think that I can do it by consistently playing $50 NL
2. Make money. I started today at about $310. So, I am going to go with that number. If I finish October with $500, then I'll consider it to be a great month.

By the way, I have a very negative attitude about my results right now. I seriously expect to lose EVERY hand. I can only conclude that I am seriously running bad, which explains why even though I feel like I am playing great that I am not winning.

Examples of how negative I am:

(1) I flop a king-high flush draw (i.e., the second nuts) and I call a small bet on both the flop and turn before making my flush on the river (the board had not paired). I bet out and my opponent pushes. I seriously thought about folding the second-nuts before calling (my opponent had two pair). This was essentially a crying call.

(2) The cutoff makes a 3x raise and I call from the small blind with 44; the big blind calls too. The flop comes 8x 4s 3s. I bet out half the pot; the big blind raises and the cutoff re-raises. I figure that I'm beat, but I push anyway (I'm on semi-tilt at all times these days). The big blind folds and the cutoff calls with 99. I win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home