Friday, September 28, 2007

Tilt, More Tilt, Great Play, and Coolers Galore

The title of this blog sums up my last 24 hours of poker. I had been grinding my stack while playing $25 NL, reaching as high as $345. I then had a mini-argument with my wife, which put me on tilt and I pissed away $22 playing like a donkey.

This morning, I was still on tilt from having pissed away that $22. I noticed that Poker Stars has heads-up $100 NL games, so I jumped right in and lost another $40. My bankroll certainly was unhappy about that.

I thought a bit about what I had done and I decided that I simply needed to play well. For some stupid reason, I decided that playing great at $50 NL would be the solution. And it was! I kicked ass all day and I won back all of my money, re-building my stack to $347.

And that's when variance took over. I bought into an EXTREMELY JUICY table, but that's when the coolers kicked in.
m
Cooler#1: Donkey limps from UTG. It's folded to me in the small blind and I raise it up with QQ. I've seen him limp-re-raise-all-in twice in the last six hands. I insta-call and he flips over AQ. The turn is an ace and I lose.

Cooler#2: An over-aggressive donkey raises from the cutoff. I again wake up with QQ in the small blind. Because I know that this guy is an ATM, I make a 3x re-raise, assuming that he'll pay me off. He call and the flop is Q T 3 (rainbow). Again, I figure that this guy is going to pay me off and so I make a pot-sized bet; he calls. The turn is a nine. I bet out and he pushes all-in. I probably should have folded but I didn't. He had J8o and the river bricked.

Shitty Hand#3. This wasn't a cooler because I actually won the hand. It was against the same donkey as Cooler#2. He raised from the cutoff and I called from the big blind with Tc 8c. The flop is something like Qx 7c 6x. I check and call his pot-sized bet. The turn is the 9c, hitting my straight. I bet out and he raises me; I call. The river is the 6c, both pairing the board and giving me a STRAIGHT FLUSH. I make a small bet and he folds. FUCK!!!!!

Cooler#3: I am dealt AJs in the big blind. It was folded to the small blind, who mini-raises and I call. The flop is T J J. He bets out; I call. The turn is a blank; he bets out and I call. The river is a four and he check-raises me all-in and flips over 44. FUCK!!!

I could easily be up $150 tonight, but instead I'm $25 or so. Shit. I hope this gets better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home