Thursday, September 20, 2007

Apparently, I don't suck anymore

So, after a flurry of poker about a month ago... I busted yet again at Full Tilt. I don't exactly know what my deal is there.. but I don't play very well.

A couple of weeks ago, I deposited $100 into Poker Stars. I don't really like Poker Stars because it's kind of slow, but it has a ton of players and a ton of players means more bad players. Also, their "fast" tables play pretty well, so it's all good.

I started playing $0.25/$0.50 limit hold'em and a few other games. My bankroll bounced around a bit, but eventually I found my way to 6-max limit hold'em, which might be my best game when I am playing well.

In playing this game, I have been able to grind my stack up to $185. I had a great session last night where I took a shot at $1/$2 limits and I won $30 or so. I also won a few bucks at $0.50/$1.00 stakes, which is where I have been playing for the most part. I know all of this is playing above my bankroll, but I'm confident and I'm winning.

I am really pleased that I almost have a legit bankroll for $0.50/$1.00 stakes, because those stakes are high enough for me to feel like I am not wasting my time. Also, I have been grinding really well (~ 5 BB/100 hands), as other than last night my bankroll has been slowly climbing rather than bouncing around.

In other news, I watched a video by Tony G last night that I thought was really interesting. He showed how to play LAG no limit hold'em and I've been dabbling with that playing style a bit at $0.05/$0.10 (blinds) stakes. I did well last night (won a few dollars) and I broke even this morning. I should have won a few bucks this morning, but I made a bad call on the river when my opponent caught a runner runner flush. It was a bad call (of about $1.50) because I had a weakish hand and because my opponent was passive and his betting should have told me that he was very strong (he had the nuts).

The really cool thing is that I was the loosest player at the table... I don't that's ever happened in my life (granted, my VP$IP was still only ~30% or so). Here's the proof:


Edit: I just played another short session of $10 NL with my "lag" style and I absolutely went on a heater. It certainly helped that I was at a table of LAGs, but it didn't hurt that they didn't have me pegged as a nit. I doubled up when I flopped the nut-straight and I won a big pot with a set of fours. I also won a big pot with AK when a donkey called my all-in with a flush draw (luckily, he missed). I could have won another big pot when I called a raise out of the small blind with QQ and I flopped top set, but sadly... I'd didn't get any action. Anyhow, he is my new stat like (looking above, I won $0.10 in 71 hands, so this means that I won almost $30 in 30 hands. Bitchin!).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home