Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another fishing and poker update

I'll start with the fishing update...

I fished a couple of weeks ago on Green Lake with my brother-in-law. The fishing was slow but he managed to catch a nice largemouth bass (~3 lbs). Last week, I went out on the St. Croix River again, landing another 4 lb smallie. That's five of those monsters for the year. Very nice. A couple of days ago, I ventured out onto Mille Lacs for the first time in my life, managing to catch virtually no fish in 10 hours.

Poker. The poker was very good for awhile, as I built my stack up to $167 but then I played like a donkey and caught some bad beats (mostly a donk fest), dropping my bankroll down to $102. I've since re-built it to $132, mostly by playing heads-up SNGs. I did play some $0.05/$0.10 no limit hold'em cash games last night, doing very well. My heads-up play has me focused on position as the primary factor in playing each hand and that served me well in the cash game last night. Of course, I won most of my money in a single hand against a donkey who chased runner-runner for a queen-high flush, only to lose the hand to my king-high flush.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home