Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Fishing, Golf, and Poker Update

I've spent a good amount of time fishing, golfing, and playing poker. Here are some of the highlights.

On Friday, we went out in the canoe on the upper St. Croix river. I caught a few nice smallmouth bass, one nice northern pike, a 20+ lb snapping turtle (on a tube jig of all things), and 2-lb largemouth bass. I also lost a really nice northern pike when his teeth sliced my line after a good fight.

On Sunday, I golfed at the Chominix golf course with my father. I hit the ball incredibly well, but putted and chipped horribly -- not surprising considering that I haven't played in a year. I birdied the seventh hole, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

On Monday, we fished the lower St Croix river for the first time. I caught a handful of smallies and one nice northern. The weather got dicey around 11am, so we only fished for 3 hours. Kelly caught this very nice smallmouth (19.5 inches; ~ 4.5 lbs), but she refused to pose for a picture. We forgot our good camera, so this was taken with a cell phone -- hardly a great photo but it's good enough for this blog.



My poker had been going well, but then I hit a cold streak. I've only got $40 in my FTP account, so I really need to play well and build a stack there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home