Thursday, January 18, 2007

I can't even spell P-O-K-E-R

After going on the heater that I chronicled in my last blog, I went on a serious tilt-fest that resulted in donking away a good chunk of change. It started innocently enough -- I started by taking a shot at $100 NL. I did well at first, but then I got frustrated with the aggression of my opponents (they kept re-raising me!) and I called an all-in with AKo when I flopped nothing.

I then proceeded to donk away more and more money at $50NL and then also at $25 NL. My bankroll at Poker Stars dwindled further and further. I eventually switched to $2/$4 7Stud, and I did well at first... but then I got cold-decked and I lost even more money. I started playing limit hold'em also, continuing to lose more money. My stack at Poker Stars is now less than $100 (it was once more than $750, although I've cashed in $200).

It's not all bad news, though. My bankroll at UltimateBet is now bursting at the seams (i.le., > $15). I'm genuinely proud of that, considering how little I play there and considering that I once had $0.46. I plan to keep grinding away.

The really bad news, of course, is that Neteller has banned US citizens from making transactions with online gaming sites. The truly unfortunate part is that I had deposited $200 into a Prima site and $50 into Poker.com the day prior to their ban, which was given without notice. In both cases, I was chasing reload bonuses. I think that I can cash out from the Prima site via a check, but Poker.com currently has no means for me to cash out my funds. This is more than a little frustrating. Hopefully, the landscape of online poker will change for the better, but I doubt it.

The truly good news is that I have been killing the $100 NL tables at the Prima site. I've been playing very well, except for the last 20 minutes where I've donked away $125. That's not entirely fair, the $25 was due to a bad beat... but there is no arguing that I donked away the $100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home