Thursday, December 21, 2006

The Chris Ferguson Experiment

For those of you who have not heard, Chris Ferguson once won a proposition bet turned one dollar into 20,000 dollars playing online poker. Why am I mentioning this?

After yet one more bad beat at UltimateBet (all-in preflop with AA, losing to KK when a king came on the river), my bankroll there was $0.46. Impressive, huh?

This might sound weird or stupid, but I am going to try and rebuild my account there, starting with just that $0.46. Why? Just for giggles, really. I have been playing really well lately and I have been making money at both PokerStars and Poker.com. I have a reasonably healthy bankroll for the stakes that I am playing (mostly $25 NL), so it’s not a financial thing. I am actually enjoying playing poker more now than I have since July and flailing away at $0.01/$0.02 (blinds) no limit seems like fun to me for some reason.

The good news is that I’ve already tripled my stack. My account currently has $1.66 in it after I pushed all-in with middle pair plus a straight draw and improved. I then flopped a set against a guy who flopped two pair. So, I now have enough to buy-in for 50 big blinds (and even a little extra!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home