Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Turning the corner

I finished my PSO promotion at Poker.com this past weekend. For those of you who are not aware, I strongly recommend checking out the PSO website. It's a great way to add a little more bonus money to your poker winnings.

I have to admit, I think the Poker.com promotion was perhaps my favorite of all time. The site wasn't that great, but the promotion itself required very little risk. The minimum deposit was $50 and you needed to clear 5000 comp points. This might sound like a lot of work, but you get 3 comp points per hand raked at $0.25/$0.50 limit stakes. Pretty much any hand where there is a flop is raked, so almost every hand was raked. So, I played a bunch of full-ring micro stakes and I cleared the bonus in a week or so. Cool!

The other great feature is that I think I found my poker game again. Grinding away at the micro stakes forced me to re-consider the fundamentals of poker. I was able to grind a nice profit at these stakes, although I pissed most of my profit away playing one-table tournaments. I also lost a good chunk of money playing no limit when I caught a cooler or I tried to bluff the unbluffable.

Anyway, my account had $57 in it when I cleared the promotion, so I cashed out my original $50 deposit and then decided to play a $5+0.50 SNG with my remaining cash. A strange thing, happened, then. I won. So, I played another... and I won that too. My next one, I bubbled when my AQ got outdrawn by A3 (all-in preflop). And then, I won the fourth one too. Suddenly, my account there has almost $50 in it. That's not a ton of cash, but I have played REALLY well in these SNGs and I am very confident in my game right now.

Another reason for my confidence is that I have been grinding up my bankrolls at Trident Poker and Full Tilt Poker too. Suddenly, I've remembered how to beat full-ring limit hold'em games. It's a lot of grinding, but for some reason it doesn't seem to bore me right now. Maybe this is the start of a great comeback for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home