Monday, October 09, 2006

Slowly Rebuilding

A sarcastic review of my recent past: My poker play has become so bad that congress passed a bill with the specific intent of keeping me from playing anymore.

Anyway, I cashed out the majority of my bankroll before I lost it or it got locked somewhere on the internet. I started with somewhere around $50 in Party, UltimateBet, and Full Contact Poker. I also kept a small amount in my Neteller account to fund reload bonuses, when available.

Almost immediately, Full Tilt Poker had a reload bonus available so I deposited $100 and started to try and build a bankroll there. I played some small stakes NL Hold'em and some small stakes limit hold'em. I struggled for a bit but eventually I found my way to the $0.25/$0.50 7card stud game. This game has been immensely satisfying. I have been playing solid poker, betting when I thought that I had the better had and folding when I did not. The quality of play at this level is simply awful, which is perfect for me, the guy who needs to rebuild a bankroll while trying to remember that poker can be a fun game to play.

I have also been playing $0.25/$0.50 limit hold'em (6-max) at UltimateBet. I think this might be my best game, so I have been slowly winning at this game too.

The bankrolls at all of my sites are still very short but they're now large enough that I can play these games without worrying that a couple of bad beats will break me. More importantly, I am starting to have playing poker again. I don't feel like I am grinding; I am just playing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home