Friday, September 29, 2006

This hurts

I have been running bad lately and my bankroll has shrunk substantially. I figured that a Party Poker reload would be just the thing that I needed to turn my momentum around. I decided to play all 1000 raked hands at $1/$2 limit hold'em (6-max), a game that I had been beating rather easily.

Here are my stats:



As the title of the blog implies, this one hurts. It hurts because my bankroll is getting even smaller (I had $2000+ for last month's Party reload) and it hurts because I played reasonably well throughout this most recent bonus chase. I am dumbfounded trying to figure out what went wrong. This is probably the only time in my 'poker career' where I cannot blame a loss on bad play. Simply put, the cards just beat me. There was nothing that I could do.

In one of the shorter sessions, I flopped three sets and lost all three times. I also was dealt AA and KK and lost both times. They were all large pots and I won exactly zero of them.

After taking a couple of days off, I decided to go back to playing some $50 NL in addition to $1/$2 limit. I have been doing well at both, building my stacks at Full Contact Poker, and UltimateBet. Curiously, I have basically broke even at Party Poker. I never seem to be able to win a big hand or just win several small hands. It's rather strange to have my largest stack of money in a site other than Party Poker... that's never been the case for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home