Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Yet Another Party Poker Reload Bonus

Party Poker has a reload bonus about once a month it seems. It's usually a 20-25% bonus with a maximum of $100 or so. This time I had $100 of bonus to clear, requiring 1000 raked hands.

My original plan for this bonus was to play $5/$10 limit hold'em (6-max), but I abandoned this plan after my first two sessions. My first session was brutal. I was two-tabling and at one point I was stuck more than $600. But after giving myself a stern lecture, I played a little tighter, a little less aggressive, and I grinded all of the way back to a slight profit for the session. I continued to play well during my second session, but I decided that the swings were just to big at this game to be optimum for bonus-chasing.

My third session was a total donkfest... I tried three all-in bluffs playing $100 NL and all three got called. These were ill-timed bluffs that were caused by my boredom with poker. So, I quickly lost more than two buy-ins in this session (luckily, I buy-in short).

After that losing session, I decided to play $50 NL. I figured that I could sit back, play tight, and rapidly clear a bunch of hands. I was usually playing 3 or 4 tables, which is more than my usual, since I at most play two tables these days (especially considering that they were all 6-max). I somewhat surprised myself by how well I played during these sessions (for multi-tabling). I played small pots when I needed to and I played big pots when I was a favorite.

During these sessions, I had two hands that made me particularly happy. The first was when I held AK on a safe flop (something like K 8 4) but two clubs. I bet the flop and turn, but checked the river to my opponent, giving him the opportunity to bluff. He pushed all-in with his draw that had missed and I raked in a huge pot. The other hand was when I flopped a set of sixes against two opponents. The flop was scary, though, as there were draws everywhere (I think: 9 8 6, two spades). Eventually, I lost about the minimum when my opponent back-doored a flush after missing his straight draw (my other opponent had a flush and straight draw also).

Anyway, here are my stats for the reload. My bankroll (Party Poker) has been hovering around $2500 lately, which is starting to annoy me. I need to start grinding again and cash out some profit to sooth my ego. I am considering playing $50 NL since I am pretty sure that I can beat it easily. I might just stick with the $5/$10 limit game as long as I feel like I can play at my best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home