Saturday, July 15, 2006

Playing Higher Stakes at Party

For the last few weeks, I have been playing $50 NL and $100 NL when I've played at Party Poker. For whatever reason, I have a bad feeling about no limit right now, so I decided to play limit tonight. Looking at my bankroll, I realized that I could play $2/$4, so I bought into a 6-max room at these stakes.

I started off playing OK. But then, I lost a few big pots due to donkey plays (some mine, some their's). Anyway, I was stuck about $50, so I decided that it would be a good idea (sarcasm warning) to buy into a $5/$10 limit (6-max) game too. I immediately lost $150 there also.

Eventually, things stabilized at both tables and I started to just "hang around" for awhile (i.e., not winning or losing). I particularly got a feel for the $5/$10 game, which was very aggressive, bordering on absurd. It was actually profitable conditions because you could sit back, wait for a good hand, and it'd get paid off.

Eventually, I busted out of the $2/$4 game, about the same time that I had clawed my way back to even at the $5/$10 game. I took a short break and then returned, promising myself that I would play until I either broke even for the night (overall, +$100 at $5/$10) or I started to play poorly. Luckily, I continued to play well and I finished the session +$19 overall when I won a large pot on my last hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home