Thursday, July 13, 2006

Welcome to Donkeyville

I have played very little poker this week, perhaps the least amount poker that I have played since I started seriously playing more than two weeks ago (noted exceptions: vacations that did not include electricity). The last Party Poker reload really burned me out and I just don't feel like concentrating very much.

In spite of all of that, I tried playing some on Sunday (it's now Thursday) and I managed to donk away almost all of my winnings (but not the bonus) from my reload. Since then, I have played the occasional sit-n-go at Party to get my Party Bonus Points and a few more SNGs at Full Tilt. These are usually $5+$0.50 affairs (FTP) or $10+$1 (at Party;I refuse to play the $5+1 SNGs at Party... 20% rake is ridiculous).

Last night, I played two of these SNGs, both of the 6 person variety. I won the SNG at Party ($36 minus $11 = $25 profit) and I took 2nd at FTP. The FTP tournament was far more interesting as I was card-dead until we were three-handed. I then started bullying my two opponents (which is kind of hard to do with a short-stack) until we were all about even. We then stayed even for a rather long time (for one of these SNGs, anyway); I was easily the most aggressive person at the table. I was quite proud, in fact, when the poor guy to my right started complaining about how I was "overbetting" all of the time. Considering that all of my bets were about half to three-quarters of the size of the pot, I was not overbetting, just betting often.

Hopefully, I'll get my desire to play cards again sometime soon... if not, oh well... in the meantime, my tournament game is improving slightly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home