Thursday, June 22, 2006

This and That

For the second day in a row, there is nothing much to complain about as far as my poker goes. I am playing both limit (full-ring) and no-limit hold'em (usually 6-max) very well. I have been playing more Pot-Limit Omaha 8/b, which is clearly not my strongest game, but it's new and fun. My pattern lately is to play tight-aggressive for awhile, to win a little, but then to get impatient and lose a big pot, usually with the second nuts. Oh well.

I finally cleared enough bonus points at Full Contact Poker such that they released $100 of bonus money to me. I had grinded my stack there up to $544 ($644 with the bonus), so I cashed out my original investment of $300, plus another $50 as a bonus reward to myself. Considering that my bankroll there was once as low as $210, I am quite happy with this turn around. This leaves me $294 bankroll, which is plenty to play $50 NLHE, $25 PLO8/b, or even $1/$2 limit.

Although most of my blog lately has focused on Full Contact Poker, I have also been playing at Party Poker a little bit each day to get their bonus Party Points (you get 200 bonus points for play 5 days a week; 500 bonus points for playing 20 days a month). I have read on the internet that Party Poker's points system sucks, but I like it a lot considering that about 70% of the points that I accumulate are "bonus" points.

I have two things to mention about the Party points. First, I cashed in some of my points today to get a copy of Dan Harrington's book on no limit hold'em tournaments. I've heard good things about it, so I am excited to be getting it.

Second, in playing my 20 raked hands today, I managed to donk away about $35. Not good. I tried to bully call stations, which is usually a bad idea. The session ended when I check-raised all-in while holding K8 after a flop of K 4 2 (I had a short stack, so it wasn't that bad of a play). The donkey in the cutoff called with K7 but the bettor on the button pushed all-in (the donkey called AGAIN) with 22. Oops.

In other news, someone kindly sent me a private message at www.thepokerforum.com to let me know that my comments were not working on my blog. Many thanks!

I think I have the problem fixed, but I would appreciate it if someone other than me could post a test comment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home