Sunday, May 28, 2006

All work and no play makes Frazwood a something, something, something

If my blog actually has any readers, then I apologize for the lack of posts lately. I have been busy with my "real job", traveling once again to Orlando for the past week. My internet connection was scarce -- too scarce to blog. I played a little poker while I was there, but really only enough to get a few Party Points so that I can get my bonus points for frequent play.

Before I went away, I had a bit of a rollercoaster ride at Full Tilt. I built my stack there from $90 to $210 by playing good, sensible poker. But then, I decided to buy into a $200 NL room, buying in for $100. Yep, you guessed it -- I lost the entire $100. I then proceeded to donk some more cash away, dropping my bankroll there even further.

While in Orlando, I bounced around a little bit at Party Poker, perhaps winning $25 for the week. Pretty standard, really (Dr. Evil voice).

After returning from Orlando, I had a lot of free time to play poker (especially yesterday). Unfortunately, I managed to donk away even more money at Full Tilt, although I essentially broke even at Party Poker. I also bought into UltimateBet again, depositing $200. I did well at first, but then went on another rollercoaster ride. I was up as much as $50 and down as much as $50 before I decided to go back to playing limit poker. After a few good sessions, I cashed out my original $200 and I now have a short bankroll for playing $0.50/$1.00 limit hold'em.

I am really starting to think that I should be playing limit moreso than no limit. When I am playing tilt-free (and I have substantially cut back on the tilt factor), I can grind and grind, steadily profiting from other people's mistakes. The variance with no limit just seems too big for me right now. Besides, why bother making tough decisions playing no limit when all of the decisions are much easier in limit?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home