Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Party Poker Reload X 2, Part II

In my last blog entry, I revealed that I had deposited twice into Party Poker to get two stackable bonuses, each worth $100. I was not sure at the time if these stackable bonuses were intentionally offered by Party Poker because they were not advertised. I am now sure that these stackable bonuses were not intentional -- Party Poker has since stopped offering the bonuses.

To re-cap the initial part of my bonus-chase, I decided to chase the first bonus playing strictly $25 NL (6-max). I started very poorly, donking away about $50 before righting the ship and playing better. After clearing about 60% of the bonus, I had fought my way back to even. I was playing better but I was also catching cards... in fact, I had had four-of-a-kind at least four different times!

Since my last blog entry, I have managed to completely clear the first of the two bonuses (see below for a graph of my results). I continued to play well, although the cards were not as great as before. They were still good -- I even had four-of-a-kind once more.


Most of my profit occurred in a single session when I doubled up three times over about 10 hands. The first hand was an AA vs. KK pre-flop, all-in battle that I won (I had AA). The second hand involved me with KK vs. 24 and a donkey who thought a pair of twos was worthy of calling my all-in. My third double-up occured when I was again dealt AA and I raised from the big blind (the button had limp-called). The flop looked good (T 7 7), so I pushed all-in and I got called. The turn was a six and the river was a beautiful ace, giving me aces-full and the pot. I needed that ace too, because my opponent held 89.

Now, after reading the above paragraph, you might think I was still catching great cards... but I also had numerous bad beats. The most memorable was when I pushed all-in with the nut straight on the turn and I got called by a guy with a smaller straight plus a flush draw. Sadly, he caught his flush and I lost a big pot. Oh well, it happens. I'm merely trying to say that I caught both good and bad cards over my final stretch.

In the end, I am really pleased with my play over the last 1000 hands, which was good for almost $140 of profit (i.e., after my initial -$50 donkfest). I enjoyed playing $25 NL (6-max) much more than I did playing full-ring $0.50/$1.00 limit. It was also nice that the play was much faster (6-max plays faster than full-ring) and it was also nice that a much higher fraction of the hands were raked.

I am not sure how I will chase the next $100 bonus. I am quite glad that I have more than a week to do it... so I'll probably take my time, even playing a single table now-and-then.

I imagine that I'll play a combination of $25 NL and $50 NL. I once again have a short bankroll because I've withdrawn my $100 bonus plus another $100.

The extra $100 of withdrawal was a promise that I made to myself weeks ago if I ever got my Party Poker account to more than $300. I like to withdraw money from my bankroll every now-and-then simply to remind myself that I am a winning player. It's a lot more fun to cash out than it is to watch my Bank Account at Party Poker get bigger and bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home