Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Taking a break from hold'em

I am starting to be enthusiastic about poker again, although I still think I'd like a break from hold'em. I am playing a few hands of it here and there, but mostly that is so that I can keep accumulating Party Points. I have my eyes on an MP3 player.

Yesterday, I played for about 45 minutes at Full Tilt Poker. I played some limit Omaha 8/B and some pot-limit Omaha 8/b. I played tight-aggressive, and I got paid off big time. I was playing about the lowest stakes possible, but I tripled my buy-in once and I doubled it another time. I would have quadrupled my buy-in except that I had a "bad beat". I held A234 on a flop that was AA3, giving me the nuts plus the nut draw to any low hand possibilities. I pushed hard on this flop and I got one caller, who held AK85, so he was drawing to a few outs. He hit one of outs, however, on the turn and we chopped. To be fair, I dished out my share of bad beats, so I am not really complaining about splitting this pot.

I also played a few hands of 7stud, doubling my buy-in very quickly. In my first hand at the table, I was dealt (KT)K. I bet it aggressively, and someone actually played back at me (queen showing). I caught another king on fourth street, and a third person raised me when they paired their door card (eights). I filled up on fifth street and took down a huge pot. I caught another full house a few hands later and I took down another huge pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home