Monday, March 20, 2006

An expensive mistake

This is going to be a short entry because I am pretty busy and I just don't have the time. Also, I am sick of poker right now and I need a break from it. That is, re-living my costly mistakes is not something I want to do.

I played about 1500 hands of NL on Friday, losing about $200 (net loss: $100, I cleared $100 of bonus). I have no idea of what I was doing. I didn't care and I played like it. Check-raised on the turn? I have top-pair, it's time to push all-in against the nets. What a moron I was!

I have played very little since then and I don't miss it. I think that I am going to stick to occasional heads up SNGs at Poker Stars and maybe 7stud for awhile. I just need a break. I definitely need to remember that I play poker for fun, not money. When I play for money, I get stressed out, play horribly, and lose money.

Finally, here is something that I have wanted to do for a long time. Here is proof that I once played a hand with Phil Ivey (see frazwood.blogspot.com if you can't see this at The Poker Forum). Note that he left the table after this hand, clearly afraid of me (sw).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home