Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sick

While I was writing my last blog entry, I started feeling ill. I was playing poker while I was writing, and so I was quite annoyed when I started feeling so badly that I had to quit playing. I had doubled my buy-in (or nearly so) in both of the rooms that I had entered, and they were both full of soft players. That's life, though.

Since then, I have continued to feel bad and so I have played very little. When I did play, I played very poorly, in part because I could not concentrate sufficiently in between the dizziness, aches, and pains. I have also been quite busy with my "real job".

Finally, today, I am feeling healthy and I have some time to play. I just bought into a 6-max NL table at Party and I also started a HORSE SNG at Full Tilt Poker. So far, the SNG is going very poorly. In the first orbit (hold'em), I was dealt AA in the small blind. A donkey from late position raised and I re-raised and he capped. The flop was JJT and well... let's just say that he eventually flipped over Jh 4h.

This might sound like a complaint, but it's not. It's just an SNG. Besides, I just made an awful read, but then sucked out in my cash game. I flopped middle pair and bluff-raised my opponent who happily called with top pair, but then must have screamed "what a donkey!" when I caught trips on the river to take the pot.

Despite such donkey moves, I am feeling confident in my game right now. I am considering taking another crack at Poker Stars -- the site that seemingly holds an infinite supply of bad beats for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home