Saturday, February 18, 2006

Am I cursed?

For whatever reason, I haven't felt much like blogging lately. I have been playing a bit of poker here and there, but it has just felt so insignificant compared to everything else that has been going on in my life.

Anyway... on with the poker update...

Right now, I just feel cursed with my poker. I went completely bust at Poker Stars on Thursday night, reloading with a little of my dwindling bankroll reserve. I have since lost most of it on horrendous bad beats and horrendous bad plays. I don't know why, but I really feel like I am especially cursed at Poker Stars. I either play bad or I get hit with bad beats. I've won at about 10 different sites on the net, but I am break-even (or losing) at Poker Stars.

Speaking of being cursed, I took a bad beat yesterday at Full Tilt. I was playing way above my bankroll in a no limit game. I was in the big blind and I called a mini-raise with J9s. I flopped trip-jacks, and check-raised the original raiser who called (I put him on a flush draw). The turn was a blank, so I overbet the pot, hoping to take it down. Nope! He called, caught his flush, and took my stack. It was a bad play on his part and if I had a big bankroll, I'd just shrug it off. Instead, I am grinding it out at the micro stakes again. Oh well, that's probably for the best anyway.

I played a bit last night, mostly at Full Tilt Poker. I played two HORSE SNGs; I won the first and busted first in the second. In the first, I almost busted early against a serious donkey with a big stack who kept calling with crap hands and winning. For example, playing Stud Hi/Lo, I was obviously chasing a low hand (in a multi-way pot), plus I had a pair of fours showing. By sixth street, I had a six-high low hand and I was betting VERY aggressively. This donkey kept calling and won half the pot when he called on the end with a missed low hand plus a pair of fours (ace, king kicker)! Eventually, though, his luck ran out and he busted third.

In the second HORSE SNG, I played two pair (aces up) aggressively in two consecutive hands of 7stud and I lost them both to the same guy who had trip queens (both times!). I don't regret that play much. I had a strong hand both times and I forced him to chase a two-outer. And besides, eighth place pays the same as fourth place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home