Thursday, January 26, 2006

Bad Play, Bad Beats

I have a theory that when I am playing badly... that I suffer more bad beats. This theory is based on table image, in part. Most of my opponents recognize that I am playing like a donkey, so they don't give me any respect, making them more likely to call and catch their two-outer.

There are two things that I know for sure: (1) I am playing poorly, and (2) I am taking some seriously bad beats. I have had four all-ins called by people who flopped top pair vs. my overpair, only to have them catch trips on the turn. Crap! I had another big hand where I flopped three kings (I held KQ) only to get outdrawn by someone holding K4.

To summarize the brutality, I have lost about $150 at Party Poker, $50 at Poker Stars, $30 at UltimateBet, and $60 at Pacific. I have since recovered about $30 at Pacific. Luckily, I haven't played at Full Tilt, or I am sure that I would have lost there too.

I apologize for this being such a boring blog, but it's hard to write anything interesting when I am losing this badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home