Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Running Good

After clearing the Party Poker reload bonus over the weekend, I continued to play the $50 NL equivalanet at Full Tilt Poker. Most people think that the games at FTP are much tougher than at Party Poker, and I must admit that I do also. Considering that I primarily play for fun, a tougher game at relatively low stakes is actually a good thing for me -- I play for the challenge.

Not to brag, but right now my game is as good as it has ever been. I have continued to win at Full Tilt, although not at the ridiculous rate that I was winning at Party Poker. This recent winning streak is over about the last 2000 hands, so some might claim that I am just getting lucky. Certainly that is part of it, but I also know that I am playing well. I am the aggressor in virtually all of the hands that I am playing and I usually have position. I am avoiding tough decisions and I am waiting my opponents to make mistakes.

During this hot streak, I have not been perfect. Yesterday, for example, I flopped bottom set on a flop of A Q T and I pushed all-in... only to get called by JK. Doh!

Needless to say, I am quite excited by this recent run. I have not had many hot streaks over the last year (for proof, read my entire blog... if you have 50 hours with nothing better to do) and this one is most welcome.

My current plan is to start playing at UltimateBet. I have a very short bankroll there but a lot of bonus to clear, which is something that I cannot say about Full Tilt or Party Poker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home