Tuesday, February 14, 2006

An All-Time Bad Beat and a New Game

I haven't played much for the last day or so. I have basically been playing about 50 hands at Party (6-max, $25 NL) and maybe a few heads up SNGs at Poker Stars. I have had a bad run with the heads up SNGs, which started with one of the worst bad beats that I have ever had. It wasn't costly, but it was still pretty bad.

I was dealt T6o on the button. I raised and got called. The flop was T 8 6 (rainbow); my opponent pushed all-in and I called. He flipped over J2o. The turn was an 8; the river was a jack. Doh! It wasn't very costly and it didn't even make me angry, but it was definitely a bad beat.

In other news, one of the poker blogs that I read suggested that the play for Omaha Hi/Lo was very weak at most sites. I have virtually no experience playing the game, although I have noticed that I play it better than most of my opponents during my recent HORSE tournaments. So, I bought into a $0.02/$0.04 limit game at Titan Poker. I won about $0.60 in 15 hands or so, which is a ridiculous win rate. My strategy is really simple: play hands where I have a chance to scoop the pot. During those 15 hands, I scooped at least 3 pots, maybe 4. One hand was ridiculously lucky... I had a draw to the nut low and a back door flush draw on the flop... and I caught runner runner for a wheel to scoop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home