Saturday, March 04, 2006

Who am I kidding?

In my last blog, I announced that I was sick of the swings of no limit poker. I was going to give it up and strictly play limit poker. Guess what? I have not played a hand of limit poker since that announcement. I think that I am addicted to no limit and I just can't give it up.

The good news is that I have been generally playing well and I am winning some money. I have even handled the bad beats well. Almost. Ok, not at all. This morning's session was a real treat. Let me tell you of the tale of a roller coaster ride...

I started playing $25 NL hold'em at Party while also playing an $11 SNG. I have not played an SNG at Party since they changed their structure, so I was excited about this. I accidentally signed up for a turbo SNG, but the structure was still better than before. I am horrible at tournaments and I made a bad move at the wrong time and I busted sixth.

I played pretty well in the $25 NL room, but I lost a decent sized pot to a short stacked who pushed with K7 vs. my AK. He flopped trip sevens. I then lost the rest of my stack when I pushed my QQ against a fairly safe flop except that my opponent flopped a set of fives.

I then bought into a $50 NL room and I played really well, building up my stack to about even for the session. Then, I made a donkastic decision to bluff a call station with Q9s. He called and flipped over KK. Oops.

Intelligently (sarcasm), I then bought into a $100 NL. During the first orbit, I raised from UTG+1 with Jc Tc. Two people called and then the big blind re-raised, but only 2.5x my raise, so four of us saw the flop. The flop brought two clubs and I pushed all in after the big blind bet out. He called, flipped over Ac As. The turn brought a third club, but the river did not and I more than doubled up. Two hands later I am dealt 88 in the big blind. There is a raise and a call in front of me, making it an easy call for me. The flop is J J 8. I overbet the pot on the flop and get one caller. I make a pot sized bet on the turn, causing the villain to fold. I quit a few hands later, about even for the entire session.

My current session is also going well. I tripled up in one hand when I held TT against T2 and a flush draw with a flop of 7 7 2. In my other table, I doubled up with KK against Ah 8h when the flop was Ad Kd 8d. I had raised big preflop (i.e., larger than my "standard" raise), so I figured that my opponent had at least one ace, thus ensuring that he had not hit his flush. I bet out; he raised; I pushed all-in; and he called. He flipped over Ah 8h for two pair. The turn was 3d but the river was not a diamond or ace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home