Friday, May 05, 2006

Party Poker Reload X 2, Part III (The End)

My last few blog entries have described my attempt to clear two consecutive $100 Party Poker Reload bonuses. I cleared the first bonus playing exclusively $25 NL (6-max) no limit Hold'em. I played very well after a horrible start, winning about $90 in addition to my $100 bonus.

I have finally managed to clear the other $100 bonus. I played a lot more than I really wanted to play because my parents are going to be visiting and I doubt that I will have much time to play online poker over the next few days.

I began this bonus chase by playing $50 NL Hold'em (6-max). After playing well for the last bonus-chase, I felt that I could beat the $50 NL game also. This plan started out VERY well, as I won about $50 during my first 200 hands. I continued to grind away, until I lost my focus for a single session in which I donked away more than $40. I regained my focus after that, however, and I proceeded to play well and usually win. I had one losing session, during which I played well but I lost a big pot when I flopped bottom set and my opponent flopped top set. Meh, it happens.

This morning, I decided to play a lot, trying to clear the bonus completely -- I needed to play another 400+ hands. I played absolutely HORRIBLE at first. I lost somewhere around $125 during the first 275 hands.

At this point, I left both of the rooms that I was playing, gave myself a quick pep talk, and then I started playing better. My goal was merely to finish my bonus-chase break even for the chase. I played tight-aggressive and I tried to play most hands with the lead. This is a great way to play poker, so I started winning again. Eventually, I started catching cards and I started winning big pots. By the time that I had played another 75 hands, I had recovered most of my losses, losing only $3 for the session (about +$45 for the chase).

After a quick bathroom break, I returned to the tables, planning to play tight and to finish off the bonus chase. I somehow managed to win another $30 or so, allowing me to win about $75 for my bonus chase in addition to the $100 bonus. This is a good win rate (5.8 PTBB/100 hands), but it's very good considering the two very poor (and expensive) sessions that I had. Without further adieu, here is the table describing my second bonus chase:




My current plan is to take a break from Party Poker and probably poker in general. I like these little "experiments" of mine where I play 1000 hands at a single game and I keep track of my wins/losses. I'd like to try an experiment at Full Tilt ($25 NL) to see how I'd do there. I'm also thinking I'll try playing a bunch of SNG's or something like that. For now, I'm just going to think about it. I am going to enjoy some time away from the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home