Monday, May 15, 2006

Poker Share, Another Party Poker Reload, Semi-Unretiring, and Fishing

In my last blog entry, I mentioned that I was trying to clear a PSO promotion at Poker Share. I had initially lost $100 but then I had battled my way back to slightly better than even.

After that, I continued to play well. I eventually finished +$235 for the promotion ($50 of which was my initial deposit bonus), which was as good for my ego as it was for my bankroll.

About the same time that I cleared the promotion at Poker Share, Party Poker offered another $100 reload bonus. Unlike previous reloads, I did not keep track of my play. I think I won about $50 while clearing the bonus, but I really did not play very well. I had been playing too much poker and I was bored with the game.

After clearing the bonus, I didn't play for about a day, which was very good for my poker karma. I have since had a long streak of winning sessions, which just ended when my AA ran up against a set of sevens at Poker Stars (I swear that I am cursed at that site).

For now at least, I am feeling VERY good about my poker game. Since cashing out 90% of my bankroll a few months ago, I have rebuilt it almost entirely. I have played particularly well the last few weeks (a bunch of reload and initial deposit bonuses have helped).

For the last few months, I have told friends and family that I am "semi-retired" from poker -- that is, I still play for fun, but I don't take it seriously and I don't play very high stakes anymore. I am now starting to think about "semi-unretiring".

I clearly can play well and I can make money at this game. I have learned that I can play too much, and that's when I play poorly. I want to combine my love of the game (i.e., my semi-retired attitude) while playing at higher stakes. I don't know what I am going to do for sure, but I have already started playing higher stakes. Instead of playing a mixture of $25 NL and $50 NL, I am now playing $50 NL and $100 NL.

I also managed to go out into the three-dimensional world today. I was "forced" to bring my canoe to work and to go out collecting water samples from two local lakes. In the process, my fishing pole accidentally made its way into the canoe and the line accidentally got wet. I even managed to catch a muskie, the third one that I have ever caught. Accidentally, of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home