Thursday, July 27, 2006

Preliminary Results at Higher Stakes

It's been a little more than a week since I decided to start playing higher stakes. For the most part, I have been playing $5/$10 limit hold'em (6-max) at Party Poker and $100 NL at Full Contact Poker. I have been playing a few different games (and stakes), but they're not worth talking about.

I have been very lucky so far -- I have literally won EVERY session that I have played. Of course, some of that is because I would play until I got ahead and then I would quit. I have done this a few times at $5/$10, but less so playing $100 NL.

The $5/$10 has been particularly interesting (fun?) because these games are very aggressive. I am playing only a single table, which has helped tremendously with my decision making. So far, I am +$500 or so, over a relatively small number of hands. I don't have Pokertracker stats because I have been mostly playing on my laptop, which doesn't have Pokertracker.

The $100 NL has been a complete goldmine. I have done very very well, through a combination of luck and skill (i.e., I have played well and I have gotten lucky). I am currently about +30 PTBB/100 hands, which is sick and not sustainable. I'll take it though. It's great for the bankroll. I am going to try and post a screen capture below so show my session stats (courtesy of Full Contact Poker).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home