Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Time has Come

Patience is a virtue, particularly for poker players. In contrast, my father, an impatient man, would frequently exhort me to "shit or get off the pot" throughout my childhood.

Well, I have decided that it is time for me to shit or get off the pot. I semi-retired from "serious" poker earlier this year, promising to play less frequently and strictly for fun. This turned out to be excellent poker strategy, allowing me to rebuild my bankroll.

The game that I have played most frequently over the last few months has been $50 NL. My bankroll can easily accommodate playing higher than that, but I have not been comfortable playing at stakes that high. I am reasonably sure that I have the ability to play at higher stakes; I just don't think I had the mind set to do it.

Today, I finished clearing a reload bonus at Paradise Poker (I have a very long blog written describing this bonus chase). I am also in the middle of clearing an initial deposit bonus at Full Contact Poker, where I have a bankroll of more than $300 (I think; I haven't logged on there in more than a week) -- even after cashing out my initial deposit. I also have short bankrolls at Full Tilt Poker and UltimateBet. Finally, today, I built my stack at Party to more than $1200, so I cashed out $200 as I had promised myself.

Why am I mentioning all of this? Looking at the finances, I have decided that I really need to move up stakes. It's time to take my shot.

So, I plan on playing $2/$4 limit, $3/$6 limit, and even some $5/$10 limit. When I play no limit, I'll be playing minimum $100 NL.

I might go bust; I might get rich. One thing for sure: it's time for me to shit or get off the pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home