Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bonus Whoring -- The Wrong Way

I am a big fan of bonus whoring. It's essentially free money, as long as you can at least break even. So, let this be a cautionary tale.

A couple of days ago, I deposited $600 into Hollywood Poker (a Poker Room skin) to take advantage of a $200 sign-up bonus.

Here's the problem, I immediately started playing $5/$10 limit, which is what I have been playing at Full Contact Poker, another Poker Room skin. I started out great, but then started donking money away left and right. Before I knew it, I had lost the $600.

Intelligently, I deposited another $200 and started grinding. I did rather well at the $50 NL game, but then I went back to the $5/$10 game, and I eventually lost most of my bankroll again. At one point, I had less than $10 in a $50 NL room. I luckily grinded my way up to $45. It's grim, but I'm still trying to clear that $200 bonus. Crap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home