Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Playing Better

I am still not playing a lot of poker these days. I have been busy at home getting ready for our second child and I have been busy at work with the 1.3 million things that make my professional like soooooo much fun.

I have also played some Scrabble, where I continue to lose most of my matches. I just checked my record; I have won 7, lost 23. My rating is 97, which is the lowest I've ever seen for someone who has played more than 10 matches. I don't think that I am the worst player out there; I just have had a run of bad luck where I've lost a bunch of close matches. Sounds kinda like a poker bad beat story, right?

Somewhere in the middle of all of this confusion, I've figured out how to play solid poker again. I have been playing almost exclusively at Trident Poker where I get $25 for every 250 raked hands that I play. I initially started playing very poorly, donking away about $50 over my first 500 raked hands.

But since then, I've played rather well, gotten a little bit lucky and I up about $75. It's not much, but it's a start. Perhaps most importantly, my confidence is back and I am enjoying playing again. Too bad that the end of online poker as I know it is about to happen. Oh well!

I'm off to play a game of Scrabble!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home