Monday, December 18, 2006

In spite of the bad beats

Although I haven't had much time to play, when I have played... I have played very very well. I have built my stack nicely at Poker Stars, which looks like it will be my primary site from now on.

Ironically, I have been taking bad beat after bad beat at a site other than Poker Stars lately. I lost two buy-ins at UltimateBet on bad beats. In the first, I flopped a set of fives; I pushed all-in on the flop and I got called by A8s (ace-high), only to lose to runner-runner hearts (for a flush). The other bad beat at UltimateBet was when I raised preflop with 88. The flop was 8 2 2 and I pushed all-in again. This time I got called by 99, only to see a nine come on the turn.

The other two bad beats happened at Poker.com. I pushed all-in on the raggedy flop with JJ and got called by TT. Again, a ten came on the turn. The second bad beat happened just now. I flopped a set of fours on the flop... I checked-raised all-in and got two callers. One of them had top pair, the other JJ. Yep, you guessed it... a jack came on the turn.

I might sound a little bit bitter, but I'm not. I'm actually really happy with my play right now. I've toned down my aggression a bit and I am avoiding bad plays. The bad beats are standing out, in fact, because I am almost always getting my money in as a huge favorite. That is, what else do I have to worry about except bad beats?

Other than that, I am taking a week or two off from my real job to be with my kids. I don't know how much poker I am going to get to play. I doubt that my wife will let me play cards while she juggles two crying kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home